Michigan’s Ross School of Business
Michigan Ross MiM Overview
The MiM Review is useful for people who want to gain a quick understanding of the Masters in Management program at Michigan’s Ross School of Business and see if the course would be ideal for them. The MiM programme at Michigan Ross is designed for innovative and creative students who demonstrate analytical skills, creative thinking and a willingness to learn to make a difference in the world.
|QS WORLD RANKINGS '18||27|
Program and Curriculum
Michigan Ross offers a diverse range of programs specializing in education, research, and management. The students come from diverse nationalities, creating a dynamic environment on campus. It has a 92% placement record. The location is quite alluring and centrally located as well. Some of the biggest companies are eager to recruit Michigan Ross graduates.
- Advanced Business French
- Positive Communication
- Entrepreneurship Practicum
- Capital Market and Investment Strategy
- Internal Financial Management
- Introducing Microfinance
- Understanding the Chinese Consumer
- Doing Business in German
- Corporate Investment Decisions
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Trading
- Real Estate Finance and Investment
- Digital Social Media
- Advertising Management
- Introduction to Managing Human Capital
- New Product and Innovation Management
- Marketing Research Design and Analytics
- Understanding Industry Growth in Chile
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Evaluating Financial Performance
- Applied Business Statistic and Analytics
- Applied Microeconomics
- Operations Management
- Positive Leadership and Organizing
- Business Communication for Managers
- World Economy
- Cost Management and Control
Ross School of Business holds various events annually such as:
ABSAPConference – An annual conference that involves various school representatives visiting to share ideas and practices.
- UpClose – A weekend program to attract students from all backgrounds to join Ross.
- WILC – Women in Leadership Conference is organized by Michigan Business Women for current and prospective students with a keynote address by an industry professional.
Ross School of Business is home to a number of clubs with the likes of:
- Adam Smith Society
- Automotive Club
- Business Analytics Club
- Emerging Markets Club
- Give-a-Day Fund
- Human Capital Club
- Ice Hockey Club
- Japan Business Association
- Michigan Business Women
- Outdoor Club
- Photography at Ross
- Smart Cities Club
- Tech Club
- Wolverine Wine Club
And, many more.
92% of MiM graduates from Michigan Ross get placed within 3 months of graduation. Options are pretty high for global jobs as well. Graduates can work in a wide range of sectors.
Top 3 Sectors
- Financial Services
|Consumer Packaged Goods||8.8%|
Companies recruiting from Michigan Ross MiM
- Ernst & Young
- Goldman Sachs
Want to know your chances at Michigan Ross?
Master of Management students have received a number of outstanding offers for positions in a diverse set of industries, including consulting, technology, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing, hospitality, retail, and the public sector. Positions include roles in finance, marketing, consulting, sales, and business development, among others.
92% of MiM graduates from Michigan Ross get placed within 3 months of graduation.
Some Famous Alumni
- Larry Page: Co-Founder of Google
- Bharat Desai: CEO, Co-Founder & President of Syntel
- Tom S. Monaghan: Founder & Former Owner of Domino’s Pizza
- Candidates must have graduated in Spring 2017 or more recent.
- Students with a business minor are eligible for the Master of Management program.
|Rounds Deadline Dates|
|Round 1 01 November 2018|
|FINAL – International Applicants 01 February 2019|
|FINAL – Domestic Applicants 01 March 2019|
Next Deadline Approaching in
Connect with Michigan Ross
- GMAT or GRE results
- Undergraduate transcripts
- One-page professional resume
- Two recommendation forms
- Non-refundable application fee of $75 for domestic students or $100 for international students
- International applicants only: TOEFL results, dated within two years of your application to Ross. IELTS results are not accepted.
The Michigan Ross MiM application comprises of 4 short essays of around 200 words. The essays are used as a medium to understand the strengths and weaknesses of prospective students. So make sure your essays are top notch.
Michigan Ross MiM Short Essays
How will the Master of Management program support you in achieving your short- and
Michigan Ross deeply values student engagement beyond the classroom. Please describe two or three ways in which you plan to be involved as a contributing member of the Michigan Ross community. (200-word maximum. Content beyond 200 words will not be reviewed.)
Choose one (1) short answer prompt from the list below. (200-word maximum. Content beyond 200 words will not be reviewed.)
An academic challenge I faced as a college student is/was…
My best friend would describe me as…
My client at work would describe me as…
I am most proud of…
My mentor is… because…
A time that I went above and beyond expectations was…
An academic or professional goal that I set for myself is/was…
My greatest responsibility is/has been…
If I could have lunch with anyone, it would be… because…
Michigan Ross LOR Questions
This is not the official letter of recommendation, but rather a list of the questions that will be sent to the individuals you identify as your recommenders in the online application. These questions are provided to help you determine
- How long and in what context have you known the applicant? What is the peer group you are using for your comparison?
- Please describe the applicant’s strengths. Provide detailed examples where these strengths were exhibited.
- Please comment on the applicant’s areas of development (weaknesses). What efforts has the applicant made to show improvement?
- How has the applicant contributed above and beyond her/his expected responsibilities?
- Optional: Please feel free to provide any other information you think is relevant to our evaluation.